Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Why I Am In A Master's Program

These are just some of the reasons that I am in the Master’s Program at Sac State. I get asked the question a lot and so I figured it was about time that I actually think about it.

  • Right now is the perfect time to take on a responsibility that will take up so much time and effort. I have no responsibilities: no wife, no mortgage, not even a plant.
  • I want to learn as much as I can. I plan on being in education for as long as I can so I want to make sure that I know as much as I can about education. There a lot of cans in this bullet.
  • If you want to create change you have to know how to change things, seems pretty simple.
    I like the confidence of at least having an idea of what things could be. Self-confidence is an important thing when people look at you and see some young teacher who doesn’t know much. Part of why I work so hard is so people can see how invested I am in the process.
  • I don’t know what my future is but I want to be prepared for it when it smacks me in my face. Realistically I think I need to teach at least ten years before I even think about the next step but you never know what may happen. I think the say “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity” if not tell me what they say.
  • Sac State is a great teacher’s school so it just made since to go there if I was going to focus on education.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you forgot makin' mad dollars and drivin' around in Benz with 22's. Isnt that why everyone becomes a teacher.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home