Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Love Food

I have already talked about one of my favorite things which is art, the other is food. I had some really great food experiences this weekend. Food is great for a number of reasons. One reason is you need food to live. Another reason why food is great is it can get you to reminisce about events and places.

I love grilled cheese sandwiches from In an Out. By now their secret menu is not so secret but if you didn’t know you can order a grilled cheese sandwich from there. From the picture you will notice that it does not look that appetizing but it is pure heaven. The other reason I get grilled cheese from In and Out is because the meat patties do something vicious to my stomach.


For some of you the sight of sushi is disgusting. I use to be one of you people but in the last couple of years I have come to appreciate it. I went to Davis for lunch at an all you can eat sushi buffet. For ten bucks you can eat all the dragon rolls, sashimi, soft shelled crab, and friend bananas you want. A fun competition to have with yourself is to see how high your stack of sushi plates can get. The hour long wait outside of the restaurant before it even opens is well worth it. An important tip to keep in mind is that you should not listen to the Beach Boy’s album “Pet Sounds” after eating sushi. Brian Wilson’s dreamy voice and a stomach full of sushi are sure to knock you out for a good three hour nap.


My mom made homemade enchiladas out of the blue this week. My mom has to be one of the best cooks of all time. Coming from a Mexican household I always had some of the best Mexican food ever. My friends would ask me if I wanted to go out and eat at a Mexican restaurant and I would just tell them that I have the Mexican restaurant at my house. My mom makes all the Mexican dishes but my favorite has to be here enchiladas. No matter; green, red, beef, chicken, or potato they always come out great.

The last item is Pho. If you don’t know what Pho is, it is the greatest thing ever. Essentially it is Vietnamese beef noodle soup but it is so much more than that. I will tell you that the best Pho I have ever had is made by good friend’s parents. If you don’t know my friend’s parents then I would say go to Thanh Dat on Elmira and Nut Tree Rd. I will not expand on Pho anymore because I want to leave it a mystery so you will be intrigued enough to try it.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting to eat mom's dishes while I am eating PB and J's all day every day. As for In and Out, it is delicious and you know what it does to me, but I can't say the same for pho, that stuff is wierd. Stay up. SF to the VV!

 
At 11:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You like nasty food. I will say that. To each his own.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home