Monday, November 27, 2006

I Got It

I came to this conclusion at least 6 years ago when I was still in school, I need more time added to the day. Sometimes I get really great ideas or get extremely motivated and then pesky time gets in the way. I have a lot of things I want to lesson plan but not enough time. Realistically I would be up until 4 o'clock every night working on things but that is just not feasible. I mean it could be except for the fact I have to wake up at 6:30 am everyday. I have come up with these two proposals:
  1. Extend the 24 hour day to 26 hours. That gives me 14 hours a week more to accomplish my goals
  2. Create a 8 day week with each day only being 22 hours. This is of course would mean that the work week would be extended to six days. As much as a sacrifice this would be I would only gain an additional 8 hours a week.

Realistically I guess things like blogging, napping, and catching up on world affairs can be eliminated but then I would just be a robot. Part of what makes people work so hard is the fact that they see light at the end of the tunnel where they can just relax. We need that light at the end of the tunnel to work through everything else. Work would just be miserable if I didn't get to take a afternoon siesta, watch Chelsea vs. Manchester United, or listen to some Velvet Underground while reading a book. I am not asking for much except drastically changing the world's concept of time and day, that's it. Oh by the way I love my job when I say "work would just be miserable" I am talking about people who sit in a cubicle all day. I couldn't do that type of work of my life depended on it.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listening to The Velvet Underground while enjoying a good Ernest Hemingway novel is one of my favorite things to do with my excess time.
I actually just purchased The Velvet Underground and Nico on vinyl. I was quite excited.
The Flaming Lips work well while I'm reading too.

 
At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tootally agree with you about a 26 hour day... I would say extend it to 30 hours, so we can work for 20 and sleep for 10! Sleeping 10 hours every day would be heavenly...

 
At 10:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

extention of the day would be like peanut butter being put in a jar with jelly, awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home